Sunday, April 11, 2010

Preparing the way...

Isaiah 45:2-3 "I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, The God of Israel, who summons you by name."
Matthew 11:7-10 "What did you go out into the desert to see?..Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. This is the one about whom it is written: 'I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way before you.

This second verse from Matthew is actually written about John the Baptist, who fulfilled the words said in Malachi 3.
A while back I had been ready from Isaiah and the this verse continued to give me hope. Hope that I am not in control, that God has went before me and prepared the way, and that I don't need to understand what He will bring out of the darkness (hard times or even a lack of clear vision) that is before me. God has summoned us as His children and He has prepared our lives that are before us...He's bigger than the small circumstances of school and future plans or the big things like trafficking and starving children.

So tonight as I opened up to Matthew where I had been reading and read this verse. I read it for the first time with a completely different outlook. The disciples go into the desert only to find a messager of Christ...a messenger for the man they are with!! The Spirit is walking with us through each and every day, but God is also before us working through weak vessels here on earth to prepare the way for Christ in us to bring out the treasures and riches...so that we may know that God has summoned us by name. God knows us and loves us.

I just need to stop getting lost in my questions...still ask them but remember that I the clay will never fully understand what my potter is making (Isaiah 45:9).

Isaiah 55:9-13 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than our ways and my thought than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth; It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the Lord's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed."
So go out in joy and peace knowing that God is with you and before you. Abide in Him for His name's renown...

No comments:

Post a Comment