On New Years Day of 2013 God gave me this verse. Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." This past year we made "plans", many of which came to pass, but God had plans for us too. Many of you know I love surprises... And God blessed us with surprises through this past year. Often these "surprises" at the time did not seem fun but looking back you can see God's hand in it all.
We originally planned on sending out a Christmas letter to testify to what God had done in 2012, but this blog will have to do instead of the letter. Here are a few of the big things we are praising God for this past year:
- We originally planned on living in Sioux Falls for a short time and then heading out to explore other areas of the country/world before babies. God had other plans and this last year ended with a deep peace and clear purpose of our calling in Sioux Falls.
- Since college we have desired deep community and with college relationships in transition we had a refining season but are ending the year with God bringing deep fellowship through Young Life, the Crossing, and our jobs.
- In January/February of 2012 God moved big mountains to unify our marriage, especially in the area of how we care for our bodies (previously this had been a source of tension and disunity).
- We became debt free! One of Tyler's passions is to find freedom financially (and help others do this as well). God again gave us unity in a budget and we have loved to pray together about who we can give to.
- Personally, God has refined my heart in huge ways in how I view and care for my body. He has redeemed a lot of unhealthy beliefs about what beauty and health really are. I praise Him for Maximized Living that has been the vehicle He used to blessed me with these truths.
Join Tyler and I in celebrating God's faithfulness. He is soo good!