Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Treasures Untold

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."



I memorized this verse my sophomore year of college and it always seems to just give me a little zinger reminder when I need it. In our culture today, everything seems to say the opposite right? I NEED more clothes, I NEED a better car, I NEED.....Blah Blah Blah... You understand what I'm saying. But how does this relate to earrings that I make? 
Shortly after making the jewelry for a couple of weddings, I had someone ask me to make her twelve pairs of earrings for Christmas gifts. It was fun to make her a large variety and just let loose with my creativity. My hope is that whoever receives these perishable earrings is challenged to remember to look for the more fulfilling treasures we receive in a relationship with Christ. As I make each pair, I also remember the same is true for my own life. 
As the Christmas season draws near, let's all remember to keep our treasure (hearts) in the right place. Seek first God's Kingdom! Be blessed!  

Shout out to Liza DeYounge, who designed my earring labels. :-) She's pretty talented, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Umm...this is wonderful. Plus your earrings almost make me wish I had my ears pierced! Let me know if you ever branch out into necklaces or bracelets. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although there not my specialty, I do make both. I made necklaces and bracelets for proms in high school and for a wedding this summer. Let me know if you wanna order something custom for you! Or else you could drop some helpful hints to Nate :-)

    ReplyDelete