Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Love: Part 2

Love is not a place
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
Then commit to never leave
-Lyrics from "Love is not a fight"



    I've been wanting to post about our new home for a while now. It's still a gradual work in progress, but we love it. The above pictures are hard to get perspective from but I'll try to explain a bit. When you first come in, the kitchen is to your left and the bedroom door is straight in front of you. The doorway to the bathroom is on the right a few feet from where your standing and the living room is diagonal in front of you to the left. The kitchen table is actually in the living room, but it's on the side closest to the kitchen.
    All that to say wanna come visit?!! :-D
    The first couple months after we returned from Israel I stressed and stressed about getting everything to look like a home. I wanted to have people over and function like normal without boxes everywhere. After all this was our home right?

Psalm 23:6
"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."


     One morning during our breakfast together, Tyler and I read from our book Listening to the Language of the Bible. Bayit, is the Hebrew word for house and has lots of meanings (like most Hebrew words). It can be translated as house, temple, or even a family or lineage. Often times in the bible God's temple is simply referred to as "the house." God and David talk about two concepts of a house. David wants to build one for the LORD and God says no I will build one for you. God builds a family lineage leading to Jesus through David.
    About a month ago, Tyler and I were visiting a church and heard a message on "Dwelling Place." The pastor talked on and on about the church and the importance of it. He the ended by coming back to the point that the church building is not the church. We are the church, God's dwelling place.
     Psalm 23:6 says that we will "dwell in the house of the LORD forever." We are both a part of God's family AND the home of the Holy Spirit. We are the body of Christ and God's dwelling place. This world (including my apartment) is not my home. Each day I want to wake to the beautiful realization of Christ in me.
     Therefore, go in peace and understanding of God in you. Commit to never leave this place of unapologetic security in Him and His unconditional love for you. Rest in truth today (and maybe come take a stay at our pretend home :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment